WHAT IS AN EXPLAINER?
Explainer videos, sometimes called Whiteboard or Whiteboard Explainers, are a fabulous resource for businesses of all kinds. Explainers aren’t commercials, yet you sometimes see commercials in the style of a Whiteboard Explainer. Explainer videos are a way to quickly and succinctly tell the story of a business or product. They allow an audience to easily understand the raison d’etre for a product or service and what its benefits are. They are informational and educational, but approachable and friendly.
Explainers are short, typically 30 to 90 seconds long. These videos are animated, sometimes showing the animation being created for the viewer (all of the Whiteboard style explainers are in this format). The language of explainers is clear, and concise. The language and visuals are compelling and appealing and grab the viewer’s attention.
Mixing familiar concepts with unfamiliar ones allows an explanation that is more easily comprehendible and is a good way to introduce new ideas and possibilities to the intended audience.
MAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF EXPLAINER VIDEOS
- Short: typically 30 – 90 seconds
- Simple: the videos are straightforward and follow the classical narrative structure of “what” “how” and “why”.
- Focused: these types of videos speak to what the customers problems and concerns are and how these can be met.
- Animated characters: animation makes these videos fun and playful, adding lightness to the possibly difficult topics of current problems and new technology
- Professional voice-over: A clear, friendly voice that reaches and connects with viewers.
Explainers are great for websites, youtube and social media.
Enter Martha’s VO Kitchen and order your Explainer narration today! email@example.com